PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?
Old 15th Sep 2008, 19:57
ghandou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps To 60 I 100% agree with you. There is no way for an instance I would now give up my life time dream just because of what a few people say here. I can't believe some of the PM's I get telling me basically how stupid I am, some of them quite nasty! I was wishing that I had never posted here in the first place because it can be quite demotivating listening to so many people try and put you off, but after reading what you had to say, I'm glad I did post here.

It surprises me how people keep saying if you love flying then rent an aircraft at the weekends. Hobby flying and flying for a living don't compare in my eyes. It is true that I do love hobby flying and buzzing around in light aircraft, but surely every pilot has dreamt about flying an airliner? Well, even if they haven't....I have! My love of flying doesn't just stop at light aircraft, I would much rather fly something with a jet engine!

I was also encouraged by what MikeW66 wrote, thanks for that mate. Just goes to show it is possible, and even if I might be making a huge sacrifice, to me that sacrifice is worth it to fly.

As Flaps To 60 says, even if it all goes completely t*ts up, at least I tried. I can always fall back into my old job if need be (as much as I hate it), but it's definitly worth a try!

Cheers guys,

Ghandou