PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC Training at European
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2008, 14:49
ford cortina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay to clarify a bit, I did my MCC at Bournemouth in 2005 on the Tristar. I used a rival school to European as at the time they were not doing MCC's. It did the job, tick in the box.

I fly a 737-300/400/700/800 depending which base I get sent to, so did the Tristar help me with flying a jet.....No it taught me the basics of working as a team. We had the autopilor in most of the time.

Now a 737-200 must be useful right? After all its the same as what I fly just older Right?
Wrong on both counts, from the 300 onwards the flight deck looks different, plus you have not got the time to learn the scans anyway. The handling of the 300 onwards is different as well
I have had a play on a 200, I took my Fiancee for a go at one in Yorkshire, the aircraft flys different than later models, thats why we have a 737-100/200 and a 737-300/900inc BBJ Rating.

If you do get offered a job on them great, take it...but you cannot go and join Ryanair or for that matter any 737 operator who does not fly the 100/200's, and theres not many left, without a fresh type rating on the 300/900's.

So what are you getting for your money, well it's a course designed to help you work as a team, you could do it in any fixed base twin. But you are not reading this, your just writing a cheque out instead, I did as well when I could have saved a little bit of money.