PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - drug & booze testing
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2008, 10:54
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICAO D

Reality check - the CDPP prosecutes based on information supplied by CASA. The CASA history is anything but irrelevant.

Fortunately the CEP will improve the process by better review before it gets to the CDPP.

Demons not there? I have been in discussion and focus groups re D&A testing with CASA. The demons are residing in Pandora's box, not just in my mind. They don't yet have solid answers to the airside issues I raised.

As a small aside, what many don't realise is that CASA intends to kick off the D&A testing then later hand it to industry. QF and the biggies already have infrastructure there, I'm not certain some of the little operators will be happy about the cost.

I'm all for D&A testing - I just don't believe 'trust me' is much help to someone sweating on a court appearance. And I have just researched a case of an AOC holder who spent $35K to clear the air on a case that I can only describe as conducted with malice afterthought before it got to the DPP. Not expanding on that, it's been canvassed earlier.

I have high hopes that the culture change moving through CASA will result in a completely opposite opinion from me in years to come. For the present, I am like Cochise - I have reservations