PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Virgin Blue Share Price - how low can it go and for how long?
Old 15th Sep 2008, 10:16
Betsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with Airtags. Never mind the share price for a moment, what are management doing to turn the business around?

The latest moves by DJ/PB are somewhat puzzling. It was only a couple of months ago they pulled out of MEL-DRW and SYD-PPP, now they're starting BNE-POM, SYD-CHC and possibly OZ-DPS.

First, I'd love to know how they justify setting up base in PNG, offering 720 seats a week each way to/from BNE. Is there a sudden surge of demand that no one noticed until now? And are Australians all flogging to Bali instead of local resorts?

It's of utmost importance that companies conserve cash in these rough times. Instead at DJ money is still being spent left right and centre. I don't work for QF, but I'm sure the clowns at Red Rat are laughing their heads off right now.

DJ is a great airline and I don't want to see it gone like AN. But talking it up doesn't make things better. It's just sad BG still acts that way and sadder that some people believe every word he says.