PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Polar
Thread: Atlas Polar
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2008, 03:40
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was actually going to respond and then thought better of it after noting that I was going to the http://www.atlasforteamsters.com site under Q's and A's, The Facts, Administrative, and Documents to get the answers to many of your questions.

I would think a more informed answer to your questions not address by those pages can be made to their questions email address on the Q's and A's page if it does not involve them repeating themselves.

As to Netjets, you will have to ask them why they left. Just like you would have to ask why USAir left ALPA recently. Forgot how many thousands that was.

Irbcases.org - don't know how to address that one just like I don't know how to address the past Federal investigation of ALPA President Prater for misuse of union funds for flight pay loss payments to some of his council members at pay rates in A/C they were not in and also their working on his election while being paid by the union under flight pay loss. I believe that is a no-no along with a few others things investigated. I don't know if that got dropped or just put on the back burner by the Feds.

Some of what you asked administratively has not been done yet, let alone the fact that ALPA has not been decertified yet. One has to happen before the other can be completed. I believe it states local 1224 would carry out those admin functions until we are up and running. Elections determine some of the infrastructure you are asking about. Positions are similar to the ALPA structure but are not exactly the same. The Administrative Documents link can give you more on that in the bylaws and such.

Financial's I can't comment on to much. I can't even get that out of an established ALPA council and national without jumping through a bunch of hoops. I do understand ALPA is in the red though. Judging from all the new ways they are trying to increase dues i.e. the recent attempt to enforce paying dues on your 401k and the selective council to council funding cuts to the bone seem to reflect that. Let alone the ALPA staffing cuts over the last year.

Originally Posted by 742
clyde87

Here we go again...
I know what you mean.

Last edited by nitty-gritty; 15th Sep 2008 at 04:09.