PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The old Aviation Safety Digests versus Flight Safety Australia Vive La Difference
Old 15th Sep 2008, 02:44
ZEEBEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talk about a walk down memory lane!

I have EVERY copy of the ASD and treasure them immensly.
Many great lessons there, and is a bible of sorts to those of us who sometimes heeded the message and are still around.

A large part of it was no doubt due to the work of Mac Job, but a large part was the way the piloting fraternity was viewed by both those within and those outside the industry. At that time we could land at any airfield, get fuel and not pay landing fees or massive callout charges.

However, time moves on and I suspect that most of us who swoon over the ASD are from the eras past also.

It is now different. A different set of people read the rag but the message is still pertinent, though it needs to be framed differently to appeal to a different group.

I think we do the people who try hard to put forth entertaining educational material a disservice by belittling their efforts by us trying to resurrect an age that's unfortunately long gone.

Better to try to be constructive and suggest ways in which it CAN be made better.

Sad, but get over it.