PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - drug & booze testing
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2008, 22:04
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICAOD

I'm uncertain I agree with
you would realise that provided you are not contributing to the aviation service for which you are trained (other regulations relate to how you may interfere with an aviation service when neither trained nor on duty), you need not fear prosecution.
The Regs are all embracing as distinct from the protection of fare paying pax. In a GA situation, the matter of two beers in the airfield bar - legit to maintain control of a motor vehicle and/or walk across the road - then remembering one's headset still in the aircraft so quietly across the taxiway carefully checking for any a/c taxying to collect one's goods with no intention of control of the a/c - according to my reading still leaves one liable to be pinged. Ditto people camped under the wing at a fly in.

The latter may be workable by written exemption via the fly-in organisers, the former is open to persecution (as distinct from prosecution). I would have no concern re the interpretation and enforcing of commonsense regulation - were it not for the lessons of history with CASA.