PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2008, 21:14
InvestigateUdom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
relevent interruption

Forgive my interruption.
I wonder if those participating in and following this thread might also be interested in another thread on an MD-82 incident on pprune, the crash of OG269 in Thailand last September 16?

The similarities between the crashes are few, just that both were MD-80s, both were budget airlines, and both had significant horrible fatalities.

The most significant difference is the credibility of the crash investigators and the efforts of the airline and the government to determine the cause of the crash.
Since the crash of OG269, there has been significant untruths stated by the government and the airline management, and no change to aviation in Thailand.

I lost my brother in OG269. After the Thai government declared "No punishment will be imposed on any agency or personnel after completion of the investigation because the accident was beyond control.", I created a web petition asking the Thai government to properly investigate the crash.

The Thai government has most definitely not responded. Interestingly, the aviation community has. They have sent evidence, proof and information regarding maintenance fraud, checkride fraud, excessive work hours, corruption, falsification of documents to crash investigators and much more. Where possible for the safety of all involved and after careful verification, we have published that proof on the website.

If you are interested, the petition is at: www.InvestigateUdom.com. Follow the proof and evidence link to see that material.

We can use all the help we can get. Thank you.