PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quit or Leave Africa?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2008, 19:37
Goffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vat hom fluffie.

Riccardo.
Just sent you a pm....let me know when you get the message.

Biggestboy.
Ja, had a time warp problem there...actually thought I had sent it 2 days previous....too much fanta.

Actually reminds me of when I flew ZS-ORK in the DRC for a Namibian operator.
Nothing worked...had a hole where the A/H was supposed to be...both VOR'S did not work.
So many things, that it would take a month to write them down here.
Went off to Libraville to have them fixed, (an NAC engineer hitched a ride with me).
After a week of nothing happening, (due to said operator not paying previous accounts), I managed to fill ZS-ORK up, and the following morning the engineer and myself gapped out of Libraville.
By this time, the maintenance organisation who was supposedly doing the MPI, just stamped the log books and said nothing they could do.
Got to Kinshasa, and was told that I was to fly without the A/H, in IF conditions.
After much deliberation, I was replaced by said operator.
When I asked of how I was to get home, the response was, "NOT MY PROBLEM".
The guys from Safair and NAC took a hat around and my ticket was paid for.(thanks guys).
When I got back, I phoned said operator and asked for my salary and S&t's.....I soon learned French.
....have to admit that after a week, the same operator was calling me "sir" and promising to pay all outstanding salaries.
What had happened when I packed to come home, I inadvertently put all the A/C books into my bag....cannot do much without all the A/C records, now could he.
Oh, and when the the DRC CAA found out that there were no books, A/C was grounded...shame.
Mind you, I still have those books.
Goffel...