PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2008, 18:20
Lord Lardy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll have to beg to differ with you on those points. I can't see Europe changing their minds, despite your grievances with the former Taoiseach. How can you honestly say that having a monopoly on on entire nation is good for competition. Business is business at the end of the day so why offer lower fares if you have no competitor to fend off. It is your responsiblity to your shareholders to maximise profits. Why give tickets away and jeprodise that unnecessarily if there is not need to. A single airline is not good for the consumer and it's not good for the country and people will only find this out if a takeover were to take place. The patriotic notion of a small country dominating the world of aviation is not everyone's dream. It's not Hollywood. On a personal note I am not anti Ryanair at all and I have flown many times with the company. What I am against from a consumer point of view is not having a choice.

Aer Lingus is far from being on their knees at the moment, and with them being a constant thorn in the side of Ryanair at Dublin, then they will always be something Ryanair want but may not get.

Last edited by Lord Lardy; 14th Sep 2008 at 18:31.