PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty kids, bad parenting, exhausted cabin crew
Old 14th Sep 2008, 17:06
Little_Red_Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kindly point out that we are an airline, NOT a babysitting service...

I'll do my best to help a parent out, but when it's clear Mum or Dad is in oblivious land and making absolutely no effort whatsoever... then it's time for a little chat. I have all the time in the world for parents who are clearly trying to control their kids (some kids are just brats, after all)

Do I have stories about oblivious parents though.... enough to fill a book!

One time, little Johnny kept running around in the aisle. I warned mum that Johnny ran the risk of being hurt as carts were in the aisle, tea & coffee pots about, etc etc and could she please keep him in his seat during the meal service.

Sure enough, little Johnny got out of his seat,(for the 9th or 10th time) and not only tried to trip me over (on purpose, because the little bugger laughed!!!) with a coffee pot, but then proceeded to wipe sticky lolly hands on another crew's shirt. When the rubbish cart came out, Johnny jumped out from a row of seats behind the crew member and got knocked over. (Surprise surprise)

Guess which mother ranted and raved and threatened to sue?? I told her to go right ahead and write a complaint to the ailrine if she liked, and informed her that by the time they got it they'd have a full account of her & her Johnny's behaviour on the desk, informing them that she had been warned of the possible consequences.

(BTW, Johnny was old enough to know better, about 7 or 8 years old!!!!!)