PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - feeling down, not sure what to do
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2008, 16:23
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suffered with repeated anxiety attacks following a head injury many years ago.

They are quite possibly the most horrific experiences anyone can go through and the triggers can be totally irrational. I'm no medic and I only write from personal experience but it may help if you can be completely honest with yourself in identifying what it is that makes you feel so anxious - you may be able to do this by yourself or with a close friend, someone you can open up to, and you may not have to visit your GP. Once you've figured that out, work out an action plan to combat the stressors. Easier said than done, admittedly, but having achieved nothing with repeated visits to doctors and neurologists this is the way I did it (although joining the armed forces may be considered excessive 'treatment' - I don't recommend that option now unless you enjoy six month breaks in hot, dusty, sh**holes where anxiety is a way of life). Exercise will undoubtedly help, as will anything that helps keep your mind active and off the 'problem'.

Of course, if you do think there may be a physical cause then go see your GP sooner rather than later. You wouldnt be helping yourself by putting off the inevitable.

Hope it all works out for you.

Keep smiling.

2close