PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin ponders Bali
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2008, 07:37
barrybeebone

Garuda and Bali

AS stated previously by others, GA is servicing the market by increasing services, QF is not. Bring on VB and introduce more competition to the market, that is what we need.

There are not too many markets departing Australia that don't have more than two carriers (QF and the airline of the country it flies to). To have QF, VB and GA all competing will ensure that us travellers get to have a decent choice. If GA is crap then people will vote with their feet.

VB would be smart to start up a BNE service, there is none at present and the JQ attempt will probably lose out as people will probably prefer to fly direct rather than via DWN. VB should also consider Adelaide. No Bali services since GA pulled out in 06. First mover advantage will ensure VB have the market.

The other good thing about VB starting Indonesian services is that I think it won't be too long before other Indonesian carriers start exploiting the bali - Australia routes. Air Asia and Lion Air all have plenty of aircraft on order and will be looking to tap into the most lucrative routes between Indo and Australia.

Someone else posed the question about AirNorth services to Bali from DWN. I do wonder if QF will continue codeshare and I also wonder how pissed off AirNorth are if Jetstar are competing direct with them.