PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF EBA Voted Down
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2008, 06:26
max autobrakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair call Dutch,
I'm actually in agreement with most of what you write.

I've heard that according to the usual mouthpieces on Qrewroom the present incumbents are totally on the nose and they haven't achieved anything.
Well do as I did, find out for yourself and ring Woodeye up and ask him what he's done for Qantas pilots.
Make sure you've got a bit of time to spare because it will be a real eye opener.
I suppose if we were to compare QANTAS IR policy to a large flowing river ,if you choose to go with the flow, so to speak, life can appear quite cosy, until you round that last bend and you are confronted with a huge waterfall. To late to do anything because you didn't notice the river has picked up speed and no matter how hard you try to swim against the current it's just flowing too fast.
On the other hand whilst the river is still flowing at a moderate speed you choose to do the hard yards and swim against the industrial current. Sure progress won't appear as fast as going with the company endorsed flow, but guess what ,at least you won't be barreling over that waterfall and you might just find those greener pastures up river.

I suppose it is also like that Japanese proverb, "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down ".
The usual Qrewroom crowd carry on as though this is a crime. How dare the Union take on the company! We need to engage in more dialogue!
Talk all you like guys for unless what you want is what the Company deems, you can talk for a month of Sundays and all you will end up with is laryngitis.
I suppose that's why AIPA has taken on QANTAS with numberous court actions as a means of gaining that all important industrial leverage which is needed to swim against the Company endorsed current.

Last edited by max autobrakes; 14th Sep 2008 at 06:57.