PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: V-australia Interviews, T's & C's etc?
Old 14th Sep 2008, 05:43
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Dart: touche! Got me there.

WangFunk, I LOVE my job! Driving a 777-300ER/200LR all over the world. I went in eyes wide open, don't compare my path to others, or my job, or take a deposition against those who take a seperate path to mine. Yeah many moons ago when I was building up the hours the thought that a high school drop out druggie working as a labourer earnt more than me raised an eye brow. But guess what? I didn't want to be a labourer.

I wasn't about in airlines in '89 and therefore haven't the right to carry on the hate. Wasn't there and can't comment on what I would have done. I know what I would "like" to have done, but again never walked a mile in those shoes. Lucky. I can sympathise but refuse to perpetuate the hate.

Sad but true I a get smile still walking down that airbridge.

Don't hang the VA guys for their choice. I do not agree wth the CRFO role or money and think they are contributing to the down turn in T&C's, but my opinion only on the CRFO postion. They have their reasons. Not going to chest beat my beliefs.

Question: Do you work for DJ or JQ or Tiger? Did you pay for your endorsement? Not so many years ago people were writing posts like you have about VA about DJ when they started up, and the pilots taking the job for the T's & C's on offer, let alone paying for an endorsement! What low life bastards they were regarded as at the time! How things change!

The CX DEFO pay does go up to $117 k after 3 or 4 years for an Aussie base. No expat allowances (obviously), no health insurance. I think you'd be amazed at the similarities between SFO VA, CX DEFO in Oz and other such carriers if you could just see the forest. You've made some very untrue statements about the VA conditions, but I'm not going to pick apart each one.

I did the VA interview and was offered the job but opted not to. I know the full T's & C's on offer, as I do about CX, KA, EK, etc and other airlines. Lucky to have been around them and there a bit.

Like I said, not going to argue with you buddy and probably shouldn't have replied. Will go and enjoy my layover in this beautiful city.

Just lose the anger mate.

Back to the topic of this thread: PM me for info on the interview process and some hints that may help out.

Last edited by TopTup; 14th Sep 2008 at 06:31.