PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The old Aviation Safety Digests versus Flight Safety Australia Vive La Difference
Old 14th Sep 2008, 02:40
Centaurus

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
My plan is to drop a line to the Editor of Flight Safety Australia asking her to have a long hard look at the content of her magazine. The comments from Pprune contributors to this thread will be included in the letter (letter - not email) as well as a few well chosen copies from my personal collection of Aviation Safety Digests for her to read.

The improvements I would like to see include a marked reduction in CASA/ATSB promotions, ideally no commercial advertising, deleting of Service Difficulty Reports (Airworthiness Pull-Out Section), scrubbing of aviation medicine section (it's all on the internet anyway) and a return to the general format and content of the former Air Safety Digests with their accent on well written and interesting accident and incident reports. In other words, cut the flashy graphics and brilliant coloured pages with fancy slogans.

If Pprune readers could add a few of their suggestions to make FSA more readable, it would give the editorial staff of FSA something to get their teeth into. I am not holding my breath on this project, but nothing ventured, nothing gained..