PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2008, 22:08
JEM60

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The trouble is, Spamcan, that whilst WE like old military aircraft, there is a very large number of people that DON'T. It was a huge struggle to get the Lottery Funding in the first place, and, as far as I know, it is the only military project to have received it. It is worth remembering that this money in the Hertitage Lottery fund is not THEIRS, it is OURS [the whole country that is], and therefore it has to be seen to be spent very wisely.
An awful lot of people would rather see it spent on sports facilities, better amenities for young people etc. than one aged lump of smoky metal that is occasionally seen by some people who might recognize it for what it is.
As I have frquently said, there are possible 50.000 enthusiasts in this counntry who would like to see the Vulcan continue flying.
All these 50,000 people have to do, is contribute £20 per annum, and that will ensure that this will happen. That is less than 50p per week. Despite evrery enthusiast waxing lyrical about the aircraft at every opportune moment, they lack the enthusiasm to put their hands in their pockets in order to finance it. So, if you want to see it, PAY UP, or the last you will see of it is the Duxford show in October, in my opinion. Apathy will probably ground it. Big sponsors, despite optimism, have failed to come on board [not sure why they were expected to, frankly] yet we enthusiasts could finance it ourselves, but it simply won't happen.