PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How's This for a Plan?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2008, 19:58
BlenderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown junk helicopters because I had to in order to have a job. Can you recite the procedure for a tail rotor failure? I've had it happen six times and never scratched the paint. I've had engines quit in the weirdest way possible and gotten my people safely to the ground.

I've flown twins and singles, and been thanked by the families of the people whose lives I've saved.
This made me think, isn't being a pilot about determining which aircraft are airworthy or not? (Which aircraft are going to endager the people you carry and yourself)?

You said you've had 6 tail rotor failures, and more than one engine failure, so to me it sounds as if you are "not doing any job at all" regarding making sure your aircraft is safe to fly, and I doubt that relaxed is going to do well at a place like Bristow.

I don't think 6 tail rotor failures and it's share of engine failures can be called "bad luck", it's more like carelesness about the aircraft you fly. The word Preflight comes to mind here.

You have been very close to instead of "being thanked for saving people in an emergency" being called "negligent and endangering the lives of the people who trusted you aboard those Junk Helicopters" you are talking about.