PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky Europe @ Manchester (Impounded)???
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2008, 15:44
goaroundnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SkyEurope "impounded" at MAN

Hi

With regard to 2 SkyEurope planes being "impounded" at Manchester yesterday. The facts as I know them are;

i) it was mainly MAN airport getting jittery about landing fees after the collapse that day of XL.

ii) SkyEurope were using credit but perhaps no worse than some others.

iii) There was no-one else involved, ie EuroControl etc.

iii) SkyEurope flew there AND BACK today.

iv) all other flights on SkyEurope network operated normally yesterday and today

There is no doubt that SkyEurope are not "rolling in it" but not many airlines are at the moment. There could be trouble on the horizon - there may not. Fortunately for them the Easter European economies (specifically Slovakia) are slowing but not at the rate of, for example, the UK. They are also not likely to hit recession. This leaves open the possiblitly of getting some investment which I am sure they need for the winter.

SkyEurope is a decent airline, nice planes and fairly good fares. It would be a shame to see them go. I would certainly pay a little more and fly with them as opposed to some others. I may be bias but I think it's a fair assesment.

It's not pleasant to hear of plane imoundings, bankruptcies etc. Think of the staff, families, ancillary workers. No-one wants to see this I am sure.

Last edited by goaroundnow; 13th Sep 2008 at 15:55.