PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Cadet Waiting List
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2008, 10:03
Bradda G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, let's put this into perspective fellas.Supposedly, only 3 or 4 peeps got selected. So, the odds were really tough. I don't think that those that weren't selected (including myself) 'failed'. They chose the top 3 or 4 people. That's all. I for one didn't fail the test. Just didn't get the highest of overall scores. And believe me, I am not intellectually challenged by any means. Aptitude Tests sometimes can pull a fast one on yah. Let me give you an example:

The configuration manager at my old job has a BSc in Pure Mathematics and got a 580 on the Math SAT while in High School. She is a really smart lady too! A little strange right? I on the other hand, managed to get a a score of 690 on the Math and I am not a mathematician [Some will argue that tho' as my current career is somewhat math related...]. Anyway, my point is an 'aptitude' test is by no means an indicator of ones intelligence. IMHO, intelligence can not be quantified.

However, tests have to be used in this case to reduce the pool of applicants on a fair playing field.

Will get 'em next time.

Oh well, off to my next project......

Cheers,
Bradda G

PS - Good luck to everyone who made it thru Deniz, sry about that thing, cudn't make it due to emergency pop up.

Last edited by Bradda G; 13th Sep 2008 at 10:22.