PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The old Aviation Safety Digests versus Flight Safety Australia Vive La Difference
Old 13th Sep 2008, 03:26
kingRB

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Right - here's an idea.

We get a list of every issue of the old crash comics and post this in sticky a thread.

We find a free web hosting service (or a server with data to spare).

Those with crash comics put up a post stating the issues that they will scan to pdf. Maybe only a couple at a time - this saves doubling up. When complete they are uploaded to the webhosting service for all to peruse.

Then the first post on the sticky thread is amended to reflect those that are scanned. In time we should get the whole set.

Mods, how bout this for a plan?
excellent idea!

hosting is not an issue - easy, free immediate hosting these days through such places as rapidshare etc.

I remember back around 1995 doing a gliding course at Adelaide Soaring Club, one night I was bored & stumbled across quite a collection of ASD's in the club bar. Needless to say, I devoured just about every edition I could while I was there. Fantastic reading.

I dream of having the opportunity to one day have an original hardcopy set like some of the lucky buggars posting here have... I'd settle for just being able to get access to the content on digital versions though