PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Macau-money trouble
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2008, 03:03
SuperBadass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Mr. Alvega,

The fact that we all receive our salaries at the end of the month is not so much a privilege, but a right due to us by the fact we perform our work.

The fact that you feel a debt to the company for giving you your type rating etc., is wonderful sentiment, but most likely you had to prove your worth to the company and hence deserve their loyalty and respect. But that should not make you blind to the realities.

The current management did nothing to prove their capabilities prior to being assigned their positions.

I, like a lot of my colleagues, have proved my loyalty to AMU in the up and downs (for better and for worse), with all types of managers. What does it get me, a salary (which is a contractual obligation) a lapel pin (after 5 years), a small plaque (after 10 years) if I stay that long.

You say that I have to pay my respects to the company! But where is its respect for us, when they fail to provide adequate conditions for us? Simple example, look at their proposal for the wet lease of today and compare it to the previous one (never mind that we now know there can be even better as demonstrated a few years ago by Dragonair).

Where are the basic legal requirements for our training to be completed, all the ground courses that used to be provided that are no longer, and other that were never provided (like first aid, security etc.)? There are problems of greater liability, but it would not be appropriate to post them in a public forum such as this one.

As a professional you are under the obligation to analyse everything and to be able to differentiate the good and the bad and to continuously improve. Its obvious this is not the same for the higher management within AMU. Other than the previous Flight Safety Manager, when did one of your direct chiefs undergo training appropriate to their position?

If you hire knowledgeable people you can afford to cut some corners, but when you hire newbies (you could say, unqualified, inept, amateurish) you must pay the price, one way or another. We are now paying the price of not qualifying them appropriately.

Places such as this forum allows us to exchange opinions freely without fear of repercussion (so prevalent within the company), and if 1% of the discussion goes into making our life a little better than good. If not at least it allows us to vent a little steam.

Fly safe, and don't be so pompous.