PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Macau-money trouble
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2008, 01:25
alvega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Felt the sting, Hazel250? too bad. Some thoughts are universal and timeless, just like stupidity. Einstein said it all. Unfortunately we are no better today than we were when he said it. When I read all these posts, the great majority of them anyway, that phrase keeps coming to my mind. It is a shame to realise that a bunch of guys who call themselves professional pilots, who have the responsibility of human lives on their shoulders every time they exercise their professional activity, who are supposed to earn respect and admiration from the general public every time they put their lives in their hands, who are regarded as highly skilled and qualified operators of extremely sophisticated machines, who are supposed to be in full possession of all their physical and mental abilities, who are paid huge amounts of money to perform an activity that gives them pleasure and satisfaction, who should be grateful to the company that gave them a job, a type ratting, a promotion and the opportunity to improve their lives in a way they might never have thought possible, a company that, despite all its financial qualms (regardless of the reasons that brought it to this situation) is still paying the salaries on the 28th of every month and has been doing so since its first day of operation, are behaving in such an arrogant, disgraceful, unethical, childish, appalling, deranged and irresponsible way, in a display that only brings embarrassment to our professional group. I never thought I would live to see the day when such a big collection of self called professionals would make me feel ashamed of wearing my uniform in public, something I've always felt proud of. Damn you all for it!!
Yes, mister Hazel250, Einstein was right in his philosophical postulation, and I humbly recognise that I wouldn't have put it any better.