PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 21:13
undervaluedATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bulls#!t castle would have us believe that the trainees are coming thick and fast.
the next new trainee for our group does not arrive until November (assuming sucessful acamedy experience) Don't even have a date for the next one after that....

Surely aircraft operators must be fed-up with all the TIBA/delays due staff shortages. Yet, things remain eerily quiet
I also am defeaned by the silence of their protests. What on earth has TFN promised them to keep them quiet?

Thought you chap/chapette ATCO's would be interested to know that ASA has informed our bosses (who have just communicated this to us), that the ASA Collective Agreement will be signed on 21 Dec and no more TIBA. (Wonder what they will call it next??????? )
Since AsA and Civilair disagree about removing principles of rostering, introducing obligatory overtime, and slashing sick leave, I extremely doubt that an agreement will be signed by 21st December.

As for the academy incident, I believe the consensus was that the term "fascists" summed up the person(s) involved succintly.