PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad A330 roster
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 19:47
Jetjock330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankbama,
Maybe Tad's husband is busy flying.
Husband been flying since 18th August! I don't think so!

I would've thought the husband would be making the inquiries by now, as he is the one that is going to be working/flying here in the end. After that he would discuss it with the wife and see what's good for the family.

We actually have the wives flying in EY, whilst the husbands are not pilots at all!

my husband is about to start training on the A330...
If he is about to start, that would indicate that he has accepted the job already, and it's not going to make a difference to the family now. However, as soon as he starts, he has access to the AIMS and is able to look up other pilots roster's, to have an idea.

I don't know anyone that is going to give themselves away by showing off their rosters to an unknown source. I don't know of pilots complaining about their rosters on the A330 fleet, other than 2am departures, which applies to all fleets, but this doesn't mean that there are no complaints at all. I am not aware of them as I write this piece.

Longest flight is Bejing to Abu Dhabi with a 3 man crew. A330
Longest flight away from home is about 9 days Abu Dhabi-Singapore-Brisbane-Singapore-Abu Dhabi. A330
Longest two man sectors is possibly Abu Dhabi-Johannesburg A330

I welcome correction regarding the above, or below.

Layovers are not very long, from 3 hours (Split duty-hotel time??? yes this is correct, 3 hours) in Delhi, in the hotel if an A332 flies it (usually A340), 6 hours in Mumbai hotel(split duty usually), 12 hours Johannesburg some days and another at 33 hours, 12 hours Paris and some longer 2 nights, 24 hours London. Brussels is longer as the flights are not daily. Longest layover I believe is a Milano, 3 nights.

Have a look at the website and find all the destinations, but it will take a long time to fly to them all. Your husband might be lucky and specialize in Peshawar a few times.

One roster request per month.

Flights that are double daily, have shorter 12 hour lay overs eg. Dublin, Johannesburg. London's are usually 24 hours.

I hope this all helps you TAD and I trust you will pass it onto your husband then!

Last edited by Jetjock330; 13th Sep 2008 at 04:52.