PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How are we all adjusting our plans?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 19:37
Dane-Ger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How are we all adjusting our plans?

OK, so we know that times are not good for wannabies, the chances of employment are virtually nil. So what now?

To try and take something positive out of this, how are you adjusting your plans to keep your dream alive? how have your ideas changed from when you first started out all those months (years in my case!) ago? advice from those who have been here and bought the t-shirt.?

Me, I'm hopefully going to be finished with ATPL's in three weeks time. My original plan was to go somewhere warm and do the whole thing in one go. As the situation got worse I decided to wait with the IR, but still go abroad to get my CPL and FI rating done as quick as possible.

Now I'm going to take my time with my hour building. instead of rushing 100 hours in a month, I'm going to enjoy the next year of flying. It is time to fly to some places over her in Scandinavia that I've always wanted to visit. Maybe try something other than a Cessna, maybe even some aerobatics.

In a year I'll go for my CPL and FI and hopefully some part time work at the weekends instructing whilst I continue teaching maths. After that? who knows?

This is all about timing, it is not the end of the world, just a delay

regards D-G