PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spotter/Aviation Analyst Breathless Thread
Old 12th Sep 2008, 15:51
Desk-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to hobby flyer

Ryanair may or may not have two hundred quid or two billion, my loathing for Mr O'Leary is due to his objectionable human characteristics. There is no need for his mud-slinging approach to business. My wife (who incidentally hails from Cork) said he makes her ashamed to be Irish because he is the absolute antithesis of Irish warmth and goodwill.

Like many on here I'd dearly love to see O'Leary out on his ear but that's because of him. The truth is that he will be hurting every bit or even more than many because of his dependence upon the bottom of the barrel leisure market so methinks he will need his cash reserves.

As for Arann, well I wish them well - they seem to be a well run airline with an efficient fleet and some good routes.

Finally, I have no idea why you seek to make personal attacks on my username, but as it is a legacy from my days as a desk bound worker who now spends his working day at the controls of an airliner I don't understand your point. From your own name I take it you aren't exactly flying 'the heavies' yet but I see no reason why that should exclude you or anyone else from the debate.

Desk-pilot