PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay Rise for 2009
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 15:20
GT3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh banding.

Some points from my view.

Should people be paid differently depending on unit? Yes

Have "management working together with Prospect have erroded the pay at the smaller units"? I think all units have had pay rises in the last 5 years, so I would dispute that comment by throw a dyce. Was it done to keep the larger units "quiet"? I don't personally think it was but that is my opinion much as throw a dyce has his.

The argument of "I can't get released from my Band X unit, so cannot come to a Band 5 unit" is a sound one, NATS has a poor record in recent times of releasing staff. However people can move units, and have recently moved to my Band 5 unit. But to say that I am unable to be posted to a Band 5 unit, should that result in Band 5 money on the basis you cannot be posted there but want to? That is the argument some try to make I feel.

Remember we as members of the union asked for some form of banded structure. We as members were presented with it at conference a few years back and accepted it. We are members voted for it, I am told by union reps that more than just the big bad Band 5 units voted in favour for it so some non-Band 5 to be units must also have had members voting yes.