PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlink Politics
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 12:17
Pitch&Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solidarity will never work... Accept this for heaven's sake!

A few points for the Airlink pilots,

1. Forget the 'Solidarity' thing and get yourselves, collectively, back into the ALPA-SA stable. The Airlink management are only too pleased to have you guys over with Solidarity, which to them is like squashing a harmless little bug.

2. Maybe Airlink should be run more like the SAAF (SAA/COMAIR/SAX), that way there will be a bit of team-spirit, some solidarity (real solidarity) and possibly some success at the negoitaing table. The person who posted about the SAAF earlier clearly never wore air force wings.

You guys might not like JVJ, but don't take him for a fool. He loves playing around with unions.

To re-emphasise my first point... You will get NOWHERE while hanging around the solidarity flag-pole. This is why SAX, SAA, and COMAIR are seniority based, well run, enjoyable airlines to work for. The pilots got/get together, got/get their shoulders to the wheel, and got/get their Sh-t together!! They also accept that association-subs are a part of the deal. Airlink will forever be a back-stabbing, confusing, dead-end company to work for, if you guys don't sit-up, and pay attention to how things should be done.

But that's your problem I suppose... It's been a while now, and I've seen absolutely no 'Solidarity' benefit for the Airlink pilots.

Cheers,

Pitch&Fan