PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli, non-heli (and even non-aviation) humour ...
Old 12th Sep 2008, 12:09
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
US,

Your comments rang a bell for me....brought back some memories of my Honey Moon trip out West.

Me and the Missus...lovely young thing...5'2"...105 pounds....blue eyes...blonde...wine glass top...hour glass shape...but I digress. We were travelling out West on our Honey Moon and were somewhere in the middle of Nevada on US 50 (The Lonliest Highway in the Country). We stopped to buy some petrol (gas....gasoline....push water) at a small gas station in the middle of absolutely no where. The only facilities were the little house out behind the big house (Dunny....Outhouse) and with some hesitation off went the Missus to do her thing.

The old gentleman running the place suggested I looked like a Man that could enjoy a good joke. He noted the isolation of the place encouraged him to take every opportunity to break the monotony and boredom....and would I go along with a harmless prank upon my Missus.

In a very weak moment I agreed.

As the path to the Dunny was fairly lengthy....there was lots of time for the old Coot to walk into the station house and take up a strategic position whereby he could observe the Dunny. A minute or two after my Missus entered the Dunny....the fellow picked up a microphone and said quite firmly...."Hey Lady, would you move over a bit....we're painting down here and you're blocking our light!"

In a flash...my wife bolted out the door of the Dunny doing up her shorts and quick marched back to the car and slammed the door. Me and the old Coot had a great laugh....I paid the guy for the petrol and got into the car and drove away.

Not being able to leave well enough alone....I asked my Missus what was going on....and in a complete fit of Dumbass allowed I had been part of the prank. The Honey Moon ended immediately....and the rest of the trip could have been just another old retired couple traveling about the country.