PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 11:46
coool guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The report

I certainly believe the AAIB are very trustworthy and honest people simply trying to do thier best in what seems an unfathomable case.
However there are naturally those conspiracists who will always look for a cover up, bribery, corruption in any organisation and lets face it it can happen.
It should therefore be incumbent upon the board to be as transparent and straightforward as possible in all their reports and findings to the public.I have read all the 5 reports and all the posts on this thread. The reports are comprehensive and well written but that doesnt mean we cant criticise them!
My criticsim is this. Not once before did the AAIB mention the actions of the crew and I agree with Nod that the AAIB have never shown much interest in those actions, clearly focusing all their attention on fuel interuption and its causes.
So why do they now suddenly tell us that it was the first officer who disconected the Autopilot and selected flap 30? and why is this more relevant now that they have established that ice is the cause?
They must have known those facts from the very beginning but declined to tell us about it. I am sure it is not the case that they are trying to hide something but nevertheless it gives ammunition to those who think they are!
Why cant they just lay all the facts on the table from the start without worrying about whether it is relevant or not or who it might hurt or what the consequencies might be or the costs to the industry etc etc