PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi Regional
Thread: bmi Regional
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 10:56
embraerFObmi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ladies

been here a while now in the RHS - and can report its a great little company. Just remember there are only 18 a/c and its run like a flying club - then you will be fine! dont expect an amazing crewing department like in a bigger airline like Easyjet and you wont be disappointed.

That said the lifestyle agreement has helped improve the quality of life and rostering rules. The Emb 145 is great fun and an excellent first jet job as you are still involved in the flying (i.e no autothrottle or VNAV linked to the A/pilot) Some of the bases are performance restricted (take off weight & landing weight) so its good to learn in this environment and appreciate the limitations - when was the last time u checked the performance for a Cessna 152 eh!?

Aberdeen is going to be your base - if you approach it this way then you may be pleasantly surprised to get somewhere else! Nearly all FOs i know including myself have done 6 months at ABZ.

LHR is a temporary secondment done on seniority - you have no chance as its over subscribed by 20 FOs every year.

Another A/C is on the way and another 2 next year if the inside info is correct.

6 FOs started this month and i reckon more interviews soon as we are mega stretched at the moment. We are all working hard (did 700 plus hours last year).

Covering more and more mainline airbus routes as they are focusing on charters/mid haul routes. Going to be a busy winter here.

Regards

BMI FO