PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Airways
Thread: Excel Airways
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 10:12
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that this input has no real relevance, however my wife and I have only just (Wednesday) returned from Paphos, Cyprus following a wonderful holiday.

The impact of this for us is that during our check-in with the Thomson/First Choice desk there was an XL check -in desk right next to us. When the XL check in lass had finished with her passengers she immediately started to check-in Thomson/First Choice passengers. I know that the check-in staff do not necessarily work for the airlines involved but it was a nice touch and all staff were so friendly.

Also, when we departed the terminal for our Thompson aircraft the Cypriot bus driver drove us to an XL aircraft which had just completed its loading of passengers - much to the amazement of the XL Cabin Crew. Of course (with me saying to the wife and the bus driver “that’s the wrong aircraft mate”) many passengers on our bus disembarked eager to board the aircraft. They were quickly ushered back onto the bus by a bemused XL Cabin Crew member.

Our thoughts and sympathies (especially so close after our holiday) are with all staff who worked with XL, all passengers who have lost their holiday, all passengers currently stranded abroad and anybody else that may be affected by this collapse.