PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spotter/Aviation Analyst Breathless Thread
Old 12th Sep 2008, 10:02
EGHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do you want - a low cost carrier thinking 2 years ahead, so an airline that is focused on providing a quality service to its customers, albeit at a much higher cost, that is going to be around for many more years
I'd wager that a sizeable proportion of the travelling public could not give a toss whether the airline they are using is around in two years. So long as they get there and back, what do they care about other folks being stranded? To them, it would be on a similar level as to whether the same coach company as last time takes them from the destination airport to their hotel.

There was a woman on one of the news channels this morning fuming that these [now likely unemployed] XL employees weren't on hand 'to sort out the stranded passengers' that were going on holiday. Whilst I can understand the travellers frustration to a point, frankly it fades into insignificance compared to what the XL staff are having to deal with... It's all me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me.

Best of luck to anyone caught up in this mess, anyway.