PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF EBA Voted Down
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 07:31
Doctor Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

The voting for Long Haul EBA 8 has concluded and AIPA has been advised that 1661 long haul voters have returned the following result:

Yes: 398
No: 1263

Personally I find the outcome to be a surprising result and members are hereby informed that an Extraordinary Committee of Management (COM) meeting has been called for Friday, 26 September. The Extraordinary COM meeting will authorise a membership survey to determine, amongst other things, the membership resolve behind the vote and soon thereafter a Special General Meeting (SGM) will be held to help determine the best way forward.

On behalf of the membership, I wish to extend my heartfelt thanks to the Long Haul EBA 8 Negotiating Team for the many, many hours of tireless effort put in on behalf of all members.

Rest assured AIPA members will be kept informed about all consultative arrangements put in place and notified well in advance of when the SGM will be held. In the meantime, please continue to operate in the professional manner Qantas flight crew are globally renowned for.

With Regards,

xxxx