PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Airlines not keen on tighter security
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2001, 23:51
HugMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max Continuous, you don't appear able to read or reason with anything you've posted lately.

I said that making money is not the be-all and end-all of business. That's all.

Of course the aim of business is to make money. Without it, there's not be much point in starting out a new venture in the first place.

However, there are various other factors which get in the way. One is safety. Another is the welfare of your staff. Another is environmental impact, etc. etc. If all those are to be subjugated to making money, then let's send children up chimneys and down mines, let's remove emission regulations on factory chimneys, stop spending money on things like ear defenders, let's go back to Victorian values and damn everyone and everything that gets in the way of MAKING MONEY.

Of course I don't think that everyone who is out to make a profit is a nasty, uncaring, tory right-wing extremist. Even to suggest that labels you as pig-ignorant and unthinking. But then, we knew that about you already.

I have no problem with people who run a business to make money, and in doing so look after their staff, do all they can to ensure safety, etc. etc.

I have a major problem with people who will screw anyone and anything just to make a fast buck, and will cut corners to make £1.03 out of a deal instead of £1.00.

If you think safety should not be top priority for everyone in aviation, you have no business being in the industry at all, and I hope I never work for the same company as you, because that makes you DANGEROUS.