PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - feeling down, not sure what to do
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2008, 18:19
pilotho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
feeling down, not sure what to do

i am in the middle of groundschool for my ATPL at the moment and initially for the first 3 months of the course, i have been absolutely fine. then phase 1 was finish and during my break, just as i was to return for phase 2, i had a panic attack. ever since that day i have been feeling anxious but i have not had another panic attack. in fact, physically, there is nothing wrong with me apart from a feeling of tightness in chest but i can still do exercise so that should mean there's nothing wrong physically....

anyway, as phase 2 goes on, i am having doubts. doubts regarding whether i should carry on because at the moment, it seems like i won't be any good in the cockpit. i am not finding the material of groundschool hard but because of the doubt, i don't even know if i should carry on. i keep thinking to myself that the tightness would disappear one day but still i have the doubt.

i am due to go to usa soon and i would be away for months. i don't know whether to take a break from it and then continue after i feel better or to just stop and do something else. however, i still want to do this and if i quit i know i will regret it but would continuing be an option?

i wonder if anyone has been in a similar situation before? never have doubted in my abilities before which makes this hard. i am just wondering if this is a hurdle that many people face in life and with determination, they could get on with life eventually.