PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are We All Providing Same Standard Of ATC Worldwide ???
Old 11th Sep 2008, 11:25
SINGAPURCANAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@pare,
Agree,

Why don't you stop invading countries
If they do this than they will close 90% of their companies. One more downturn will be too much.
Lusaka International is definately not the same standard
having in mind next story personally I will be satisfied with any level of service if they provide:
Shortly afterwards Zambia gained independence they realized that they need ATC. They signed big contract with ex-YU where among many other issues was written that YU CAA would help them to make a ATC system. YU CAA asked a lot of money to do this. Than president of Zambia called HM TITO(president of ex-YU) and explained him that they needed ATC but they didn't have money for such expert consultancy. TITO said OK. Than he called Army chief and told him: Zambia needs ATC. Solve it. Than he called one single guy, and transfered order.
That guy took seven (7) "field" radio stations,very old, probably some written/off examples from military warehouse,packed them into Cargo and flew to Zambia.
Once he arrived there he said: My country promised and I brought to you whole ATC system. For free. It is our help to young country.
So if Zambia's ATC system has anything else after those seven radio stations you may consider that their improvement was FAST and SIGNIFICANT!