PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Waiting in a hold pool...what would you do?
Old 11th Sep 2008, 10:21
MIKECR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaun,

Personal circumstances unfortunately meant i couldnt do it. The salary on offer was also a pi** take. I would have got more working at burger king(literally)! Believe me, I sat and hummed and ho'd and tried to juggle some figures around but alas, it wasnt meant to be. Financial commitments and personal circs dictated otherwise. I have something else in the pipeline just now and im confident it will happen very soon. Its a dream job for all sorts of reasons(well in my eyes anyway) and one that i've waited patiently for. That is probably another overiding factor for turing down the interview that was offered. I have a good career meantime to tide me over, probably paying me significantly more than the 1st flying job. Had I not been mortgaged with a crap housing market, wifed up..etc etc then perhaps I may have made a different decision. I didnt come into this game as a sprightly youthful 18 year old with all the freedom in the world, im the sort of slightly older guy with tie's.

I fly most weeks in any case doing other things. It keeps me current and keeps the rust at bay.