PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solenta vs Qwila (Who's better to work for?)
Old 11th Sep 2008, 10:14
Springbok614

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as a precaution to my previous post being misunderstood, i would like to add the following:

none of these two companies required me to drop my employer and start immediately as in 24 hrs, which by the way is not realistic anyway! 30 days is obviously the accepted norm and they would both respect that, especially solenta.

what i basically wanted to say is that if one has say a 60,90,120 day etc notice period, it seems to make it harder for these companies to employ you in terms of slotting you in on their crew scheduling. this is at least the impression i got as both these companies wanted me to start there, but couldnt seem to look into to future far enough past 30 days to actually slot me in.

i gave both a date that i can start realistically and that didnt even seem to help. so that lead me to the conclusion that i would have to resign my job without a start date or actuall written offer with any of these companies and once i have about 30 days to run to the end of my service with my current employer, i then should contact them and say that i am now available in 30 days.