PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor standards falling?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2008, 07:46
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose, are you saying you instruct for free? What are you, nuts?

Seriously, why would you do that? I wouldn't walk into someones office and offer to their job for naff all, so why would you do the same to other FI's?
If I were to work for a school I would expect to be paid for the work and I would never take a job away from someone who is doing it or wants to do it for a living.

But there is more to life than money and I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

When you are doing things yourself and helping out people who never go near the schools the unexpected rewards are often worth it. I have 3000hrs of private flying and more than 120 different types in my log book and a significant number of those are a result of my belief. I have had the privilege of flying aircraft some people have laboured decades to restore and they have never let another soul fly. I have flown and taught in interesting types that most FI's won't go near because they don't have dual controls or are very difficult to fly.

There is a big world outside of the spam can trainer fleet and I am lucky enough to be trusted by people in this part of the aviation world to fly their aircraft. You also find philanthropy brings out the best in people as well, often resulting in unexpected touches. For some of us that is reward enough.

And in response to blagger - Well done - A true passion for aviation, prepared to put something in and expect nothing in return. My hat goes off to you.

Aviation is a passion for some........