PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin ponders Bali
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2008, 01:19
captaintunedog777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kotoyebe

Relax a little son. Running small business does not give you auomatic knowledge of the overall industry and does creates bias when you have dependancies. If I disagree with what is posted ill will damn well post it. Historically if you look at Loco's posts he is damning of the big Q and Jetstar. Why. Because JQ and Jetstar do not want to pay commission fees to travel agencies. In other words big guy the motives of the big airlines is to have everyone booking online which would save airlines countless millions. This inturn will lead to lower costs. If I were Loco I would do they same but to vent your frustration on PPRUNE and poison the Q and Jetstar brands.

I would rather see people book online on an ozzie airline rather than one of his favourites Garuda since they wouldhave to pay more commission to travel agencies. Remember this airline is banned from flying into the EU. I can only imagine how poorly paid their workers are and their appalling safety record speaks for itself. Who the hell would stick their wife and kids on Garuda? Not if my life depended on it.

I wish all the Airlines in OZ every bit of success and it is about bloody time we started being more supportive of our industries rather than support Singapore or Cathey when the Q product is just as good if not better. Sadly enough the old tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in Oz.

Do I need help? Where do I start. So run along and dream of handling the big jets.

Last edited by captaintunedog777; 11th Sep 2008 at 03:12.