PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2008, 16:22
uklad007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
am sure BMI Regional base is largely just to service LHR which ive seen something on the BMI thread about its going all embraer (long gone are the days of 5 flights per day on DC9/737 - or even three full flights per day at sensible times on an airbus - a route - which someone once told me a few yrs back was BMI's most profitable at the time - when they were just UK and Europe, slowly killed off ) anyway - if they for example base and EMB here and operate the three frequencies per day to LHR there are still very large gaps when its sitting around - depends if they sit it around at LHR and fly it to somewhere else, or sit it around here and erm probably park it for large chunks of the day!! - however i am sure if could pop to Jersey...or Belfast.....or Paris and not park it...operate it from LHR to somewhere ...or ..try to knock out Eastern on the ABZ

Also
I might have dreamt it - but am sure i saw something on a IOM/Manx2 thread last week about MME - was i dreaming, does anyone know if we may get a new route