PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XP The right to distribute ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2008, 15:42
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Well, I'm not loading any software on the drive, just looking out of curiosity. I have to say, once the novelty has worn off, the tedium of setting up a new disc is just plain slog.

I had intended sending it to a pal in UK who has a lifetime on mainframes. He loves these little mysteries.

I agree that it wouldn't be a mystery if it wasn't for the registration going normally, well almost, and the updates, seemingly arriving smoothly.

The almost on the registration, is that it went through as promised without entering a code. Then, when I wanted to do a fix on the drive letters, putting it in eventually prompted a demand for the number.

I did a quick format on C: and away it went again.

If nothing else, it has given me an insight to the OS that I want, but some of my ideas about setting out the logical drives are a waste of time. C: for the operating system and a few odds, then D: for programs and E: for me stuff. In this modern world it doesn't seem to work. So much stuff gets thrown at C: without prompting or an Advanced option and anyway, the dives are so quick and large, that reducing capacity for performance is somewhat pointless.

Mind you, putting the old recover disc onto the new drive...my son did it, but had to hail HP for help.