PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mess Cannon
Thread: Mess Cannon
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2008, 12:00
Megawart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advanced Canoneering

I've used MEK in the Falklands (highly recommended when applied with a syringe), so consider myself fairly advanced in the art of cannoneering.

What's not been discussed yet, is the teamwork required for a successful launch. I've found that, as with most things, co-ordination and co-operation are key. It is paramount that co-ordination is achieved through the use of 'key words'.

'Canon armed' - propellant and missile loaded into tube - announced by the canon preparer.
'Canon ready' - Canon mounted on the shoulder of the canon aimer and ears protected. - announced by the canon aimer.
'Firing!' - Declared by the Firer as the lighter flame is applied to the ignition hole.

Then there is, what seems to be a lifetime, for the canon aimer as ignition either occurs or does not.

The next call is either, 'F*ck me!!' from general bystanders/intended victim, OR, 'For Christ's sake stop firing!!' issued by the canon aimer as he loses his nerve after a considerable amount of time in the aiming position as the rest of the room takes cover and tension mounts.

These things, I find, are key to a successful firing.

Trash