PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor standards falling?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2008, 10:12
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
421C

Quote:
Some of the best instructors I've seen have minimal hours. It all depends on the training they have received and their aptitude for flying and teaching.
That may be so, but my experience has shown that the majority of them are barely fit to fly solo let alone teach.
Actually what I was saying was that the majority of the of the minimal hours instructors were barely fit to fly solo.

significant part of the established, qualified PPL Instructor body
I was not referring to a significant part of the established PPL instructor body.

The only contraversial thing I have said is that in part the hours builders being prepared to work for nothing and the minimal hours guys offering nothing in the way of experience damages the flight training industry and prevents career instructors from being treat as the professionals that they are, keeps career wages on the bread line and devalues the profession, deters those who would consider coming into the industry part time or full time with no airline aspirations but likely to have considerable experience of flying applicable to the PPL sector.

You and I teach because we enjoy it and can afford it. What about the guys who have vastly more experience than either of us but who need to be paid a proper wage and can't afford to come into teaching? The industry is missing out on a wealth of experience and the potential to improve standards because the market is devalued. Now if my words are harsh then so be it.

Round 2.