PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero's Gloucestershire - brink of going bust?
Old 10th Sep 2008, 09:24
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How you pay someone depends on what you negotiate. My point is that to part with any large some of money for goods or services that you have not recieved is foolhardy and asking for trouble especially in the present climate.

I presume that people do this because they get a better deal paying up front but at least negotiate a form of protection for your funds as even the most prosperous looking companies take a dive.

There have been cases of pilots paying for bogus type ratings with 100 of hours line training promised and what they think they have bought never materialises.

There are students like the one I know who payed up front so that he could become a professional pilot only to stand in line waiting to see what money he could get back after the recievers moved in.

There is even a prominant businessman who I fly in jets who block purchased £35 K up front for hours on a business jet the money never came back and he has been drip fed a few flights every time he threatens to go to court.

So we can all be talked into it with a smile, a cup of coffee and a few fancy brochures beware!!!

Pace