PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Crew Discussions - I
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2008, 03:56
winnie1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas link Vs mam

Hey there High class,

If you are still deciding between MAM and QL i have a bit of info which may help you make your decision. I used to work for mam and finished up a the beginning of last year. As you know the wage is fairly good. I dont know how long you have been with mam for, but as i am sure you have heard, all the long haul flying, which had the best dta and hours went back to long haul when they started QCCA. When i started in 2005 and all through 2006 most of my pay packets were 2000- 2600 f/n . The problem is consistency!!! ( Although the variety was good!) Do you guys get any regional overnights now? Anyhow, I went to a Qantas Link interview at the end of last year and got the job, but didnt reply to the offer. I have since had countless emails asking me to other assessment days as my resume must still be on file. I was living in Newcastle at the time, at they were offering 29K starting wage plus allowances. this was not enough money considering the travel from newcastle , and i could not move as my husband had a great job and we had just bought a house. The thing is, i think that if you live near the base (and not 2 hours away like me!! ) It would be well worth it. Besides the fact that i was very impressed with the interviewers who were QL FA and management, i think the job security / benefits out weigh the money. Pay does seem to increase quickly from the table they showed me. Plus having a Full time job makes getting loans etc so much easier. The interviewers did inform me there is a lot of solo flying though, just you and the pilots. I think it would be fantastic though. I say go for it!