PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA against ID Cards - TUC Congress
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2008, 20:09
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
42psi
I don't think I have any misconceptions over the ID card system. I don't think I had any before discussions with the Home Office or After.
From my last post.....
As it will be specifically against the law for anyone to demand to see your ID card (In the beginning) It would seem a totally pointless exercise.
I have not stated that it matters a jot which airport is used to begin with. The trial will not be just an issuing exercise. Everything you posted has already been discussed and it is widely known that you will not have to carry it and that it does not replace any other documents/passes.
Unlike some I am actually doing something constructive and not just sitting around in angst. I will do my best to keep this forum informed of anything relevant.
The next major step will be whether the TUC vote for the BALPA motion at Congress.
My opinion is that if they back it then that will put a major obstruction in the way of the act. However, since all the TU National officers met with Jaqui Smith last Thursday, at short notice, I am not counting any chickens.