PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military studies with the OU
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2008, 18:49
wilma_flintstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experiences have not been as positive as others. The flexibility and understanding is very dependant on your course and tutor and you cannot always rely on having IT and connectivity to meet their ever growing demand for assignments to be sumbitted electronically. I had one tutor who wouldn't accept things even one day past the deadline and had to abandon my current course this year when the internet link was down on detachment for more than 3 weeks (it was an online course with all activities completed on the www and everything submitted electronically (and the det was unscheduled)). The forces encourage you to study and improve yourself, but apart from 1 week a year summer school, the exam and if you are lucky the odd tutorial, it is in your own time and is a huge long term regular commitment to undertake. If I had to study the full hours they allow for each course I would not be one year away from my degree. Fortunately I have got away doing the bare minimum as well as doing my job and attempting to have a life.

Go for it, but realise it will take up a huge amount of your free time.